Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pregnancy brain

It's official.  I've started to lose my mind.  Some may argue that this process started way before I became pregnant, but...motherhood is starting to take what is left of it.  I've become a little more spacey and forgetful each day.  Basic tasks take a little more effort mentally.  I just don't know what happened.  Case in point:
 
 


 
 
No, I am not sparking any new fashion trend or anything along those lines.  This is what I left the house in on Friday morning when rushing out the door to my OB appointment.  I blame this partially on my habit of just throwing my shoes in a pile in the front closet.  Anyway, I finally noticed this when I sat on the examining table to hear the baby's heart beat.  I pointed it out to the nurse, and she couldn't stop laughing.  And no, the shoes are not on the wrong feet...I think it's just the way my feet are angled or something.  But those sure are some mismatched shoes.  I also lost my parking ticket to get out of the parking garage, and what would have been a $1.00 fee ended up being $12.00 for a lost parking ticket.  It was quite an eventful morning, let me tell you.  And yes, I am losing my mind. 
 
 
On a positive note, the baby is growing just fine!  I am officially 17 weeks today, and according to this email list I have signed up for, that means he/she is about the size of an onion this week.  Ears have formed and apparently this week, the baby is forming his or her unique fingerprints!  It's amazing to think of everything that is going on.  I'm starting to show more and more each day, and I've been fortunate to feeling my little half-pint.  It feels just like little flutters right now, but it's nice to have that reassurance that he or she is in there.  September 30th will be our big appointment and the day we find out whether we are having a boy or a girl.  I can't wait!
 
 
Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!  And yes, I did check my feet this morning...I'm wearing the same shoes on each foot.  Whew!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Oy I did so many funny things when I was pregnant (24 years ago) (looking back they were funny, at the time they were embarrassing or frustrating).

    I'm glad that you are able to feel the squirt. I could feel Lydia really early and my doctor told me it wasn't her. I knew better.

    September 30 is going to be such an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed really hard when you posted this on FB! I can't wait to knwo what youa re having. We aren't finding out so I will relish in your reveal! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny and adorable!!! So excited you and sweet baby are doing well! Can't wait to find out what you are having! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, that's still awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww this is so funny! but adorable too!!
    I'm so excited for you, guys!!!
    Can't wait to find out what you're having!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!