Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I did on my summer vacation

This week's Spin Cycle brought to you by the lovely Sprite's Keeper is in the spirit of Fall and "Back to School."  What I did on my summer vacation...wait, what?  What's that?  I didn't have a vacation?  Well, damn. 


Sadly, no.  T and I didn't get to take a vacation this year.  All work and no play makes Nain a dull girl.  BUT, I want to participate dammit, so I'm going to tell you what I did this summer, as boring as they may be...these are in no particular order....

Well, let's see...we celebrated 3 years of being together on June 25th - the best three years of my life ever, if you ask me...


I went on a work trip to Vegas and Colorado;


T and I successfully completed the Mini-Marathon in May!  (13.1 miles, baby!)


We had T's parents down over the 4th of July to celebrate T's 29th birthday;


T and I then celebrated his actual birthday on July 9th :-)


July 4th just so happened to be the anniversary of the day T proposed...


We spent one blessed and bittersweet weekend celebrating our family with my Grandpa on July 30th...


In August, T went off on a work trip to Death Valley, and I missed him a TON...


We spent a lot of time just relaxing and spending time with each other while we could in our brand new home...


OH, right!  And then I went and got myself knocked up!  How could I leave that out????  ha



So that was MY summer vacation?  (Using the word "vacation" loosely...I should probably just say so that was my summer).  How did you spend yours?  Stop by Sprite's blog and check out what other Spinners have to share!

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Damn, you've been busy this summer! Makes it seem like so much more happened than you thought, huh? You're linked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer sounds very similar to mine--without the knocked up part. Lots of little things, but no really big thing. It was a summer though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you couldn't take a vacation this year...
    But it was a very interesting and busy summer for you guys!
    I have to write your letter soon, I hope I have some time next week, because now I have a dentist's appointment, and then I have to go grocery shopping, and this weekend I have some private classes, and I have to do lots of things in the house. I'm stressing out after reading this list. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post kind of reminds me of my wife's double-talk when one minute she's telling me that we don't do anything, then later she admits that we do some pretty cool stuff together. I think what she's trying to say is that we don't go to some exotic place like she dreams of, but rather makes the most of wherever we happen to be.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!