Friday, August 24, 2012

Babies, babies everywhere!

I don't know about you guys, but it seems to me like there is this huge baby boom going on.  Everyone, seriously, everyone is getting pregnant.  My Facebook feed is littered with pictures of ultrasounds and announcements of "We're pregnant!" or first pictures of little ones just born. 
 
 
In my family alone, there have been five babies born this year.  Before my Grandpa's passing last November, he had twelve great-grandchildren, which is actually quite a bit.  Since November, we have had one baby boy born in January, Aubrey born in February, a little girl born in June, and two baby boys born in August.  It's bittersweet because I really wish he were around to meet all of these new great-grandchildren.  He would be so very proud.  But I like to think that he is proud, watching over us.  I have no doubt that he is proud of his five children, fourteen grandchildren, and seventeen great-grandchildren.  (Yeah, we have a big family, what can I say?)
 
In T's work group, his coworker had a baby in December, his boss had one in January, and Aubrey was borh in February.  Now his other coworker is going to have one any day now. 
 
 
In September we will be blessed with another niece, as T's brother and sister-in-law are expecting.
 
 
At Aubrey's daycare, we were so lucky we got her on the waiting list because there are fifty babies on the waiting list.  Fifty?  Seriously?
 
 
There must be something in the water.  Or something.  Because everyone is getting pregnant.  And that's a lot of people...you know....doing the deed to get pregnant. 
 
 
I know it's just the age we are in.  It's that time of life where people start settling down and starting families.  But it's crazy how many people are having kids this year. 
 
 
And I'm definitely not drinking the water or whatever it is that is causing people to get pregnant.  Because I have birth control in the form of a six-month little girl.  She's adorable, but you couldn't pay me to go back to that sleep deprived newborn stage.  Not right now, thank you. 
 
 
So yeah, is it just me?  Or has anyone else noticed this trend?  I did find myself yesterday looking back at pictures of Miss Aubrey when she was first born.  She was so teeny tiny.  And look at her now.  And yes, I did find myself tearing up when looking at the pictures of when I first held her.  So I say congratulations to all of you new parents out there.  And for those of you who don't want to get pregnant right now...don't drink the water.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Huge baby boom surrounding me as well. It's actually getting a little out of control.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!