Thursday, August 23, 2012

Work, work, work

Second Blooming
 
This week's Spin Cycle brought to you by Gretchen at Second Blooming is on a topic that has taken over my life as of late.  Work.  As of lately I've been all work and no play.  And that makes Nain a dull girl. 
 
 
It's not to say that I don't love my job.  I really really do.  But with budget cuts, I've taken on additional duties, and I'm overworking myself.  To the point where it's affecting everything.  We have a rather big event coming up next Wednesday evening, and I keep telling myself that once that event is over, things will calm down.  And who knows?  That could quite possibly be true.  Or not. 
 
 
When you're in the legal industry, things are always constantly at a hectic pace.  It's the nature of the beast.  But now that Im' a mother, my priorities have shifted a great deal, and things that were important to me before just aren't as important now.  And unfortunately work is one of them. 
 
 
I know I'm not cut out to be a stay-at-home mom.  I give mad props to those of you out there because, in the short stint I had with my maternity leave, it was intense.  It's pretty demanding.  And I need some me time away from the Aubster, no matter how adorable she is.  But at the same time, I need things to slow down.  I am pretty much tense all of the time, with exceptions on the weekends, and it's affecting my blood pressure yet again.  (Dammit, I thought I was over that after Aubrey was born!)  Not good, Nain.  Not good at all. 
 
 
I hate that this has turned into a "woe is me" blog.  I am by no means looking for pity.  I guess I'm just venting and in a way, brain-storming on what the reality is at the moment.  All I know is something does have to give at some point.  Or Nain is going to just give in general. 
 
 
Ah, work.  How I resent thee sometimes. 
 
 
Anyway, I'm sure there are some bloggers out there who have much more positive spins to share.  I encourage you to check them out so stop by Gretchen's blog and see what others have to share.  TGIT (Thank God it's Thursday!)
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I've never really had much work stress--OK I take that back. When I worked in the chiropractor's office the days were long and stressful. I sympathize. I also hear you on the at home mom thing. I did it for 15 months after I had Turbo--I waited desperately for Nick to come home from work so I could talk to another adult. I will always be a working mom, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to the legal industry thing . . . I never wanted a "career" - - I guess that's why I chose to NOT be a lawyer and just work for them instead! (Which, really, can be more stressful than the other!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was this close to going the lawyer route. It's in my blood - Daddy, BOTH grandfathers, aunt, best friend, best friend's dad, brother, grandfather. I grew up surrounded by lawyers. Actually, I think I would have been good at it. But alas, went another way. I have, however, played one on tv.

    You are linked!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!