Monday, August 27, 2012

Double motivation

Motivation Monday
 
Good morning, everyone!  It's a rainy morning here so it's definitely been a tough one to get up and at 'em today.  I love rainy days like this but only if I get to sleep in.  Alas, I did drag my butt out of bed this morning at 5:30 to run.  Go, Nain!  But as I drove to work, I found it increasingly more difficult to stay awake.  Not a good thing when driving in the rain. 
 
 
Anyway, my motivation this week....well, let's see...last week, I was very good at sticking to the list thing.  I have two different lists I use in my handy dandy notebook that I carry around (Yep, I did just do a Blue's Clues reference):  work and home.  My work one is pretty much an entire page long, but I did manage to check about 3/4th of it off before the end of the day Friday.  I have a home one, including some Mary Kay items, and that one is noticeably shorter, but still, it has helped me stay on task.  I definitely need that this week because it's going to be a long one.  Today I have a legal clinic I'm hosting until seven and then Wednesday is the agency's big annual meeting.  Luckily I'm only working until Thursday.  Taking Friday off, so that does give me some motivation to keep going. 
 
 
Speaking of why I'm taking off on Friday....this Saturday is the Women's Mini Marathon so I'll be walking 13.1 miles on Saturday.  On Friday, I head downtown to pick up my race items, and I get up bright and early on Saturday.  The race starts at 7:00 a.m.  That's freaking early.  That's even early for the Aubster, but she and Daddy will be cheering me on at the end.  I'm estimating my time will be almost 3 hours and 30 minutes, since I walk somewhere close to a 15:00 minute mile, give or take a few seconds.  Luckily I have someone to walk with so that helps.  I just looked up the course this morning, and I'm a little nervous.  But I can do it.  And if I keep telling myself, maybe that will help.
 

So that's my motivation for the week...what's yours?  Share it by leaving a link to your motivation Monday post below, and I'll add you to the list! 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am motivated to get back to MOPS and my Grow Group this fall! Been feeling a little lonely this summer!

    http://rediscoveringdomesticity.com/2012/08/27/are-you-lonely/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!