Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My growing girl

 

It's been awhile since I've given you all an Aubrey update.  Can you believe she's six months?  Seriously, where did the time go?  But honestly, I love this age.  And looking back, I'm not sure I'd want to go back to that newborn phase because, man, it was hard.  She's developing her little personality, and I love it.  The one thing I absolutely love is her smile and her laugh.  It is absolutely contagious.  When she smiles, her whole face lights up.  And her little giggle just melts my heart. 


She has also become quite the talker.  She just babbles on and on.  I'd love to know what she's really trying to tell us because she seems to be so into whatever it is she's trying to say.  Her daycare teachers have told us that she and two other girls around her age will all talk to each other. what, I don't know.  Daily gossip? 


She's also been copying what we do.  Shaking the head specifically.  T will shake his head, and she will do so in response.  The other day I was feeding her, and she actually shook her head when she was done.  My baby is a genius!


She's eating like a champ, too.  So far she's done sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, green beans, peas (she's not a huge fan of these), peaches, apples and pears.  I was shocked she didn't really like the peaches, but I mix it up with cereal, and she seems to handle it.  But she never really refuses food, and boy, it shows.  The little girl is 20 lbs 5 oz and 27.25 inches long!  And the doctor has advised us to start baby proofing the house, though she is not that close to crawling yet.  We're still working on the rolling over thing.  She can do the stomach to back thing okay, but not so much with the back to stomach.  She can't seem to get over those thunder thighs. 


Sometimes I just watch her, and I can't believe she's mine.  T and I created this little person, and she's perfect.  It really so amazing.  I love watching her grow, and I just feel so blessed to have her in my life.  Happy six months, Aubrey Lee!
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I always use to say (after having Ava) can I just be given a 6 month old and skip the whole pregnant/newborn phase!!! Please?? Well, really I think it helps us to go through that but thank goodness it's OVER!!! But don't let any of that deter you from more babies! 2 is a nice number if you ask me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok first those glasses are awesome sauce!! Happy 6 months Miss Aubrey!!! Congrats in making it this far momma! She is definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, six months already?!? She is ROCKING those sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutie patootie! And what kid does like peas?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!