Wednesday, August 15, 2012

These are the people in your neighborhood

 
I don't like our neighbors. 
 

Well, two of them in particular.  So I shouldn't be so harsh on all of them.


I've already told you the story about the douche who thinks our street is a drag strip for his piece of crap, souped up car, right?  Well, apparently one of my neighbors kindly told him that she didn't appreciate it, and she had a 14 year old child and she didn't want an accident to happen.  He told her that her kid is in high school and should know better than to get in the way of cars.  Seriously?  I'm not even sure if it's worth me going to him and saying, "Look, your ridiculously loud engine and peeling out wakes up and scares the crap out of my kid.  The next time you wake her up, YOU can calm her down."  With a few expletives in there.  But I'd rather go through the law, so I'm considering looking into noise ordinances.  Because the HOA was useless.  Sending a letter?  Yeah, I'm sure that stopped him.  Clearly it worked. 


And then there's the scary kid across the street.  He makes me think of one of those kids that was involved in Columbine.  And I'm not joking when I saw he is scary.  He really is.  It started off with the board he propped up against their tree in the backyard.  It's a new neighborhood tree, so you know the type...skinny, very easy to fall down.  Twerpy looking.  So he had this 2x4 propped up against the tree, and he would stand there for hours on end throwing knives at it.  He has bad aim, which gives me solace.  But then the knives turned into hatchets.  Who has hatchets?  Bad aim still but apparently good enough aim because that tree was destroyed.  They no longer have that tree in their backyard.  Now, we find him lying on his stomach in his backyard, dressed in camouflage with a B.B. gun shooting at a target.  Like sniper style shooting.  It's weird and scary. 


I think he's in middle school, from his looks.  So I asked my oldest nephew what he thought.  Actually the conversation went like this.  "So, C, you were once in middle school."  His response:  "Yeah, yeah, that was the rumor.."  (Ha ha) So I told him what was going on and asked him if it was normal.  He looked at me like I was crazy and assured me that, yeah, that's not normal.  I kind of figured that was the case, but you know, I'm old and I'm not hip to what the kids are doing these days.  That certainly wasn't a hobby of mine in junior high or high school, but...


I guess he could be a boy scout.  I mean, maybe I'm being judgmental.  But when Aubrey is old enough to play in the yard, it will be in the backyard.    Unless his family moves away, which would be terrific. 


But yeah, I'm not a big fan of my neighbors.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh geez I would run!! That kid is totally going to go batshit crazy on someone someday. I just hope his aim is still off! Sorry your neighbors suck:/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kid with the car...yes, definitely city noise ordinances are the way to go. The kid with the hatchets and now BB gun, believe it or not, though it's not normal it also isn't unusual. Either way, go with your gut. Sometimes we are wrong, but usually we are right.

    I hope it works out.

    Lily-Thinking Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!