Monday, August 20, 2012

Motivated to change

Motivation Monday
 
Happy Motivation Monday, everyone!  I know no Monday is really a happy one, but I still feel like I should say it...for optimism, I suppose.  Though, I've never been the most optimistic person in the world, I'll try it just this once.  Anyway, so here's the deal...if you have something for which you need motivation, write a post about it, link it up to my blog, and comment, leaving a link to your post.  And I'll link you up!
 
 
My motivation this week is all about changes.  I have a doctor's appointment this morning, and it's not your normal type of appointment.  It's with a doctor who specializes in weight loss.  While I am by no means obese, I have struggled off and on with my weight for years.  I was super skinny and unhealthy in high school and towards the start of college, but when I entered law school, my weight up and down went my self esteem.  I've gone back and forth with it, and after Aubrey it's been a battle.  I know, I know, it took 9 months to get it on...but I'm actually to my pre-pregnancy weight now.  And it wasn't the weight I wanted to have or what is healthy for a woman of my size.  So I am going to a weight loss center at our local hospital, and you work directly with a physician on the whole deal - what you're eating, why you eat, what you're lacking, what other factors could be affecting it, etc.  It's a 20 week program, and I'm ready to get started.  Of course, the first thing I have to do is get lab work done, and my fear of needles doesn't really go so well with that, but oh well...you'd think I'd be okay with needles after the c-section.  But then you'd be wrong.
 
 
 
So my motivation this week is to make some changes.  They won't be easy, but I'm ready to make them.  I need a change.  And I want to become healthier, for my heart, as well as just for me in general.  Week one.  Let's see how this goes!
 
 
So what's your motivation this week?  Definitely share with us!  Because, after all, we can all use a little push at the start of the week! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm sure it won't be easy, but it sounds like you have the right attitude - go get'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you! Just take this new phase little by little. Every little step is a step further than where you were.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!