Monday, June 3, 2013

Motivation Monday

Motivation Monday

So I didn't do a Motivation Monday last week, and I figured...well, it's time I do another.  And I have found myself being pretty motivated in parts, so let me share...

A few blog posts ago, I referred to how I wanted to do a blog post every day as a way to get back into writing this blog.  It's June 3rd, and I haven't written two already.  Dammit.  I suck.  But, the show must go on.  So I'm not throwing in the towel, but rather, I'm forging ahead.  Better late than never.   Now, I can't guarantee a mind-blowing, amazing post every day.  But a post no less. 

And along those same lines....I have been working pretty hard at getting back into writing.  Back in 2010, shortly after I started this blog, I began writing freelance for an online magazine, The Examiner.  You start off writing a local topic, and then if you write more and more, eventually you get the opportunity to write more prominent pieces, nationally and what not.  So I started writing about the local legal and court system.  I took a break because things in life got crazier, then threw a baby in the mix, and well...life got away with me.  So I have now decided it is time.  It is time to get back into it.  So I have gotten back to writing as the Johnson County Courts Examiner.  I've also started writing on a new topic on local family issues.    It's a little broader and gives me something to write about that's not legal.  I do get tired of that every now and then, you know?

Anyway, it's not good money, really.  It can be but some writers actually do pretty well.  It's a lot like blogging in that it's all about self-promotion, writing consistently, and readers.  So, if you all want to help your favorite blogger named Nain, click on the Greenwood Family Issues link here and Johnson County Courts link here.  Click subscribe, and you get an email to confirm it.  I get paid for page views and subscribers, as well as how many articles I write.  And I'm up for the challenge. 

I'm actually really excited about this because I'm looking into other freelance opportunities, and the Examiner gives me writing samples. 

Now the reason for this kick in the pants?  After an evening of fire pit and wine and open and honest discussion, I realized that my passion, while it does lie in the law, ultimately, it has always been my dream to write.  It's why I went to school.  I'd like to try to both and see where it goes.  Who knows?  If it goes nowhere, it goes nowhere, but if I don't try, I will never know.  And all that matters is I have enjoyed writing these articles immensely. 

So please, check out the articles and let me know what you think.  I know a lot of them are Indiana and local, but you would be supporting me, and I would appreciate it so very much.  I'll keep you all posted on how this goes!  And here's to the rest of the month of a post every day.  Let's do this, Nain!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for getting your writing butt into gear - that's awesome lady!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!