Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Mind Mush

Ever have one of those weeks where you reach the end of it and think "how in the hell did I make it through this week?"  Yeah...well, that's me this week.  I was sooo on my game last weekend and wrote Monday through Thursday's posts, but no Friday.  I always like to save my Friday posts for special ones, but this week I felt the pressure way too much so sorry, there is no superb Friday post here.  Check back next week :-)  I will have a Saturday Steals post tomorrow, however, which hasn't happened in forever some come back for that.  

Instead, my brain is complete mush.  Work has been insane, we've been crazy busy with starting the plans to build (and finance) our house, I'm getting ready for my first solo Mary Kay party this weekend, prepping for a 5k tomorrow and doing personal training...and a whole bunch of other stuff.  So, my mind is drawing a complete blank.  For now, I'll leave you with these little diddies shared between T and me on our car ride home from Michigan:

  • T laughing at my rapping to the lyrics of "Ice, Ice, Baby":  "Don't be hating...I'm just enjoying myself throwing out some mad jams."
  • While listening to a Tupac song on the 90s station on Sirius XM (in a statement made by me to T):  "So are you into Tupac or Biggie?   I think you can only be into one or the other.  Me, I'm more an East Coast Girl myself."
  • Changing my mind later, "Well, no, actually I'm probably more from the Dirty South since I'm from Alabama and all."
  • Standing in line at a gas station waiting to use the restroom and being in line behind 8 Amish people, the girls bathroom finally opens and 4 more Amish girls come out of the bathroom, one of them then turns around and goes back in with 3 other girls."  I wait for about 20 minutes, so I turn to T and ask "Am I being punked?" 
  • Listening to "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses, I kept asking T "is this the part where Slash walks out of the funeral and just starts playing his guitar?"  I think I asked it about 5 different times in the song.  I love that part. 
  • T making fun of the fact that no matter what song comes on the radio with the 80s and 90s station, I can sing along and know about 80% of the lyrics:  "Think about all of the brain space that could be cleared up if you didn't have all of these songs memorized." 
I was slowly losing it on the trip home, so I have to thank T for being patient, and I'm sure I made good road entertainment on the 5 hour trip home.  I heart Sirius XM radio for this very reason. 

I'll be back with plenty of good, quality posts next week!  Let's just give Nain's brain a rest for the rest of the week :-)  Have a great weekend everyone!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. hahaha you two are so funny! I bet that was quite an entertaining ride home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you're hilarious.

    I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend and get to unwind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's funny. I do the same things when I'm stuck in a car.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!