Monday, December 20, 2010

Ho, ho, ho! It's Motivation Monday...Holiday Edition

Motivation Monday

 Motivation Monday, folks!  It's time to get motivated!  Since this is a shorter week due to the Christmas holiday, and I'm only needing to work three days this week, getting motivated is much easier this week.  However, that being said, since it is a holiday week, and Christmas parties are the perfect time to go off the diet and slack a little...I think I could use some motivation in that area.  Motivation and lots and lots of will power. 


So how do I plan on remaining motivated?  One way is to watch my intake of calories during Christmas parties with the family and friends.  They always say to drink lots of water, and while I try to do that as much as possible, I will make an extra effort to do so in order to curb calories.  Also, portion control.  I know I have a hard time with it, as do many of us.  While I can taste some of the goodies at the Christmas table, if I limit my portions, enjoying a little bit won't kill me in terms of fat and calories.  Also, limit myself as to what I will eat.  Pick the things I really want to have, and don't just eat other items because they are there and available to consume.    Can I do it?  I sure hope so!


Now, in the event that I do slip, I plan to keep up my working out throughout the week up to Christmas.  I am working as usual Monday through Wednesday, so I plan on keeping my normal schedule up and will be meeting with my personal trainer on Wednesday.  Since family festivities don't begin until the afternoon on the 24th, I think I can even squeeze in a workout then, too.  Now don't worry, I won't do the exercise thing on the actual holiday (though I have been known to be crazy and do it then before....), I think working out every day until then should give me a little room to possibly splurge at Christmas. 


Next Motivation Monday?  Since it'll be the holidays next week and many people won't be in town, I will not be posting a Motivation Monday post for the 27th.  However, we will be back on January 3rd with a Motivation Monday...plan to expect some Nain New Year's Resolutions! 


To participate, write a post about what motivation you need this week and link up to my blog through the linky found at the bottom of this post.  Thanks everyone in advance for participating!






 
 

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! Cheers to staying strong and staying on track. I was up at 5:30 to work out this morning, although my warm flannel sheets were very hard to escape from. I'm also going to try to exercise everyday up until Saturday to curb my eating. Hoping it works. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only motivating this week is to make it to Thursday night and clean the house a little each day so Friday won't be so crazy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals for this week! I am going to do the same thing and try to keep my nibbling to a minimum. (Gonna be hard with all the chocolates!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you tried those "Full bars" I haven't, but you eat one before you have a meal and it's suppose to make you full faster...if you want to limit intake of calories...just a thought. I should do that, Lol...and i've heard, yes, drinking a big glass of water before a meal will help you feel full faster too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some motivation I may need too! I will probably be posting my motivation monday on tuesday, (even if it is late!) and will right back with you in Jan.!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!