Thursday, December 30, 2010

Best parts of 2010

We're just days away from a new year, which is hard to believe because it feels like 2010 just flew by.  Of course, the ironic thing is during the majority of 2010, I was wishing for it to go by quickly so that our wedding day could get here, but still...the year did go by rather quickly.  This year was a particularly blessed year for us, and I hope 2011 brings us just as many blessings as 2010. 


This year, I was lucky enough to marry the best friend, the love of my life, and my soul mate all in one person.   He is everything I dreamed that I would find someday and more.  September 18th was hands down the happiest day of my life.  It was a day that went by way too quickly (as many people warned me it would), but it is also a day that I replay over and over again in my mind.  The look in T's eyes as I walked down the aisle towards him, the first time we got to see each other that day, is one that I will never forget. This day alone has made my year the best one ever.



2010 also brought me to the happiest place on earth....The Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, Ireland. 



See how happy I am?  I was like a kid in a candy shop.  But no, seriously, I always dreamt of going to Ireland on my honeymoon, and how lucky was I that the man I married shared the same vision?  Going to Dublin was a dream come true.  The whole trip was absolutely amazing.  The country is so beautiful, the history, the architecture, the people...all of it amazing.  It was a trip of a lifetime, and one that I was lucky enough to share with my best friend. 


While 2010 did bring T and me Mousegate 2010, Parts 1 and 2, ending with the assassination of Damion the mouse on November 24, 2010, it did bring us to another huge step we took this year....



We're building a house!  This is something we've talked about since we moved in together, and while it's always been something in the back of our minds...that last invasion of the squirrel in the bedroom and mouse in the kitchen was the push we needed towards home ownership.  And it's not just any house but one we get to custom build.  We've picked out our design options, and I've chosen my dream kitchen...we're just days away from having our first meeting with the builder, and then they will break ground.  We're looking at a move-in date of late April to early May.  We couldn't be more excited!


Lastly (and not least), in 2010, I have found my way back to the things I loved before but somehow lost touch with along the way.  Back in May, I started this blog as a way to get back to writing.  Soon, writing the blog lead to working on my very first manuscript.  Along the way, I met up with several awesome writers out there who are now a part of my critique group and who have given me some great advice and encouraged me along the way.  Back in June, I also signed up for viola lessons on a whim, after some encouragement from T, of course.  I have been playing since then, and I have every intention of keeping it up.  I am nowhere close to performing in an orchestra or anything, but that is my ultimate goal.  However, 2010 was quite a year in getting back to following my passion and doing the things I love. 


So, see what I mean when I say this has been a blessed year?  Sure, it has had its share of ups and downs, but overall, I couldn't feel happier or in a better place.  Here's to another year and more adventures along the way!









12 comments:

  1. What an exciting year for you! And you were married on my birthday - which is a pretty great day!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am your newest follower.

    Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that I got to meet you this year thanks to Blog Frog and follow along with your adventures leading up to your big day. It's been so awesome learning about you and I as much as I look forward to your comments on my blog (they always make me smile!) I look even more forward to reading new posts from you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have had a blessed year. Here's to an even more awesome year to come, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like a great year! and i'm totally jealous, not only of getting to go to ireland, but that new kitchen you are getting... great post!

    amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was a pretty darn good year for you my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was GREAT! May 2011 bring representation for your book and an abundance of blessings! So glad we've been able to share our writing adventures with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year! Thanks for the Follow fellow Hoosier! Let me know if you have any spare time and would like to help plan the event http://www/midwestbloggersassociation.com
    Happy to find Hoosiers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still can't believe you've married for 4 months! Time has flown!

    Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so happy to meet you on the blog frog! I didn't realize there were so many attorney turned writers out there, so meeting you was inspirational!! Again, congratulations Mrs. T!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw congrats on the wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a good year to remember! And so much more to look forward to in 2011! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great year! I love the pictures, and I'm so glad I got to "meet" you through blogging and share these moments with you in a way. You are definitely blessed! Here's to a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!