Monday, December 13, 2010

Motivation Monday

Motivation Monday

It's Monday...I have to admit, I'm totally not ready for it to be Monday, but, what can you do?  So seeing as it is Monday, it is now time for some motivation.  I know I can use it, and I'm sure so can all of you!


My motivation this week does not have to do with exercising, even though I am still keeping that up and going strong.  (Personal trainer is still readily kicking my butt, which is good...)


No, my motivation has to do with a subject I know we all hate...or at least I do....money.


See, we're building this nice house of ours, and it should be ready right in time for my birthday, late-April and early-May, and well...it's not cheap.  It's a good move, and we're super excited, but...it's not expensive. 


I like to think of myself as a frugal enough of a person.  I cut coupons religiously, and my idea of clothes shopping is hitting the clearance racks at Target.  But building a house requires serious saving.  I mean hardcore saving.  Defcon 9 saving. 


So my motivation this week is to think of good ways to help save and earn a little extra dough to put towards the home.  I had an awesome Mary Kay party yesterday and made some good money so that's a start.  And I even got another party booked for January...whoo-hoo!


So saving money is motivating me this week...what's motivating YOU?  All you need to do to play along (and I really hope you do!) is write a post, linking up to Motivation Monday using the linky tool found at the bottom of the post.  It can be anything...exercise, money, work, motivation to finally get through all of your old Hills episodes on DVR...whatever :-)


Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!  And here's to another weekend just around the corner!





  
 

4 comments:

  1. I am going to be doing a motivation monday today, and I am guessing that the linky thing above is for that?? Anyways, the reason why I am still living in a rented place is that I don't think i'm capable of defcon 9 savings, but sometimes I wish i was. :) great post today!

    amberlashell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Money is always motivating me! John does extra computer jobs on the side and I am extremely zealous about our shopping budget. A lot of cuts on extra stuff means that extra cash in our pocket. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that Mary Kay is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the Mary Kay stuff. I found you through Amber LaShell's blog.

    I have no good ideas on how to save. That's probably why I have no savings... or a house. I spent it all on travel (and by all, I mean not much, but everything I had!)

    StephanieC from Seriously??... Reeeally?..... Seriously?

    _____

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!