Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time to face the music....

I know I have shared on here before how my filing system and organizational skills leave much to be desired.  In fact, this became a problem as we were beginning the application process for a loan for our house.  I hate filing bills and other necessary paperwork, and it shows in the current state of disaster that is known as my file cabinet. 

Since we've combined our household expenses and T has taken over the bill paying, my mess of a filing system has become more of an issue.  Shoving all utility bills into one folder labeled "Vectren" doesn't seem to be cutting it anymore.  Using my "Verizon" file for both cell phone and land line bills?  Not a good idea.  Having every single tax return since 1997?  Probably overkill.  And just sticking the envelopes with retirement statements in my file without opening them?  Umm...yeah....


So we made it a goal...on the 23rd, since we both have that day off of work, we will hunker down in that den of ours and clean out the desk.  My desk.  My messy work space that is also loaded down with boxes and boxes of "projects" I have yet to finish from before the wedding (might I sense a New Years Resolution here?)  I'm kind of worried, though...I mean, sure, T knew what he was getting into when he married me...but did he realize how much of a pack rat I truly am?  (Seriously, I'm on the downward spiral towards hoarder...TLC is just a phone call away...) 


I am not sure how long it is going to take, but I know it will take a great amount of alcohol, Christmas music, and a sense of humor to get through the day.  And once the cleaning is done, that's it...I am fully handing over my filing system to T because God knows I can't keep it up myself.  It'll be nice to be organized for once, though.  I just hope T doesn't judge me too harshly after all is said and done.  (Did I mention that adult beverages will be needed?  Oh, well, they will be)


In the midst of all of this, I will also be baking cookies for Christmas Eve at my parent's house - chocolate pumpkin cookies.  I know I promised several of you the recipe, and I will post it later today, promise! 


Until then, you will find me hidden under an avalanche of papers....wish me luck!



 

3 comments:

  1. Ah good luck!! I have the SAME problems, except no hubby to help! Send him over when you're done? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with that! my filing system is everything shoved into a shoe box... oops! problem is, my fiance isn't organized either.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!