Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Small Treasure Tuesdays!



Being that it is a holiday week and most normal people (aside from my poor, pitiful self are off of work), I am not certain that Chantel is doing her weekly Small Treasure Tuesdays.  But....I am a creature of habit, and seeing as I have to work this week while most people are off, the only thing that is keeping me going is my blogging this week.  Will any of you read it?  Probably not.  But will it keep me from going completely insane?  Why yes, yes it will. 


So I have a couple of treasure this week....the first of them being a sense of accomplishment.  As you know, T and I made it a goal to dig through the hell that is known as my filing system and purge.  And purge we did.  It was slow, and it was painful.  I'm sure there were points where T wanted to look at me and go "what is wrong with you?  Why do you keep so much stuff?"  But, we made it through it.  And man, our den has never looked better.  I really am quite proud of us.  We kicked that den's ass and took names.  And now...T gets to handle the filing system with our bills so that it never ever gets that way ever again. 


My second treasure is the time I got to spend with all four of my nieces and nephews over Christmas.  I love them all so much (in case you didn't get that from my previous posts...), and it's always fun to just spend time with them individually.  My oldest nephew, who is now 14 going on 30 and is about a foot taller than me, is too much fun.  He has such a sarcastic sense of humor.  (I have no idea where he got that from.)  My second nephew, G, is such a sweetie.  So smart and so sensitive.   I just want to hug him every time I see him.  And his twin sister, E...oh dear lord, she is a hoot.  She's this tiny little thing with glasses that cover most of her face, and she's so curious.  Seriously, always asking so many questions about everything, and she's smart, too.  She sat next to me during church quietly reading her Christmas books.  I think the kid got through about 4 or 5 of them in the course of an hour.  It was pretty impressive.  And of course, Roo.  We got to spend lots of time with her on both Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  She was in heaven, playing with all of her new toys and goofing off with T (he's her best friend, you know...) and her Aunt Nainy. 



 


Isn't she just the cutest?  I thank God for my four little treasures that I have in all of my nieces and nephews.  Spending time with them always makes the holidays that much brighter.


 
 

8 comments:

  1. I'm on holiday but I just had a little time to read your blog! :) (while MJ is cooking... haha)
    Roo is sooo cute!! Is she in adoption???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have to work. I too love spending time with my nieces and nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, Roo is my sister's little girl...it's just my nickname for her :-) She is a cutie, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at work this week too while my hubby is home with Mason (Cooper still has to go to school). I'm not sure who has the better deal! Honestly work is an escape sometimes. Sometimes!!!! Glad you had an awesome holiday with your nieces and nephews. And glad the filing purge was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending time with family is *definitely* a treature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sigh. I am working too..
    Still can think of the treasures once in a while. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a lot of fun over the holidays, and don't worry you are not the only one working! and i am reading your blog so i can stay sane and not think everyone has deserted me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so sweet! I didn't get the link up, but I'll have it up again next week!

    You sure have great treasures :-) I'm glad the filing didn't make you guys go crazy, and your nieces and nephews sound adorable!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!