Wednesday, October 2, 2013

To a dear friend...

This post is dedicated to my dear friend, Kristen because it is her birthday today!

Kristen is my very first friend from IU.  I was petrified that first day when I moved into my freshman dorm, and my roomie had a boyfriend on campus at the time, so when all was said and done on the first or second day and I was alone in my room, I sucked it up and went down the hall to meet people.   And she was that first person.  "Hi, I'm Alaina!"I greeted her, and I invited her to the improv show that was going to be held in our cafeteria downstairs.  And a friendship was born....and well, 14 years later, I love that I still get to see her and stay in touch.  We most recently got to see her on our trip to Michigan in July.



She even got to meet Miss Aubrey, and they became quick friends, too.



It's funny how friendships form, and it's even funnier how you have certain friends who are just friends forever.  Not all friendships last, but I'm glad that this one has.  Happy birthday, Kristen!  We miss you down here in Indiana!

t  m vc nb (says Aubrey who is sitting with me as I write this)



1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks so much for a whole birthday post! It's hard to believe it's been that long!!! :) I'm so glad you came down and knocked on my door!!! :) Tell Aubrey I said, "jd jkj lsoee d". :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!