Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy birthday, T!

Today is a very special day - it's my T's birthday! So this blog is dedicated to him, my one and only, the peanut to my butter, the chocolate to my chip. Now T is one year younger than me, and he will always be younger, which yes, I like my men young, thank you very much. So today is the big 2-8 for him. It also marks the beginning of T's birthday weekend. We're starting it by going out with some of my coworkers tonight for some live music and good beer at the Rathskeller in downtown Indy, and tomorrow is the big Happy Birthday T extravaganza. We're having a party at our house, which has turned into quite a big deal. Around 30 people are supposed to come, and I realized last night that "oh crap, I don't know how to throw a party for that many people." But we went shopping last night, and I think we have a good handle on things. It should be a lot of fun, perfect weather and good friends to celebrate with. Sunday I'm cooking T's favorite meal - baked spaghetti - for dinner, and we're having a romantic meal, just the two of us. It should be a great weekend.




So happy birthday, T. You deserve the best birthday ever, because you are one of the best people I know. My life has never been the same since I met you, and I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I can't wait to begin a lifetime of birthday traditions together, as we start a family, and to celebrate birthday after birthday. This weekend is all about you, babe! Happy happy birthday!
 
Now I could do the Chi-Chi's birthday song...I used to work there in college, and I had to sing this song on a daily basis (and I still have nightmares where I am singing it), so this one's for you, T!
Happy happy happy birthday! Happy happy happy birthday! Happy happy happy birthday! To you! To you! To you! Ole'!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome...happy birthday to T! I always like to celebrate the entire weekend when there's a birthday too. It's more fun. :)
    I like to think of us short people as petite. It sounds so much more chic. :)
    @hotcookinchick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone calls me T and my birthday wasn't too long ago. When I saw this post it made me think of myself. I do like baked spaghetti too. :) Happy Birthdya to your T though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tribute to your hubby. Baked spaghetti? Don't think I have ever eaten it. I have eaten what some people call chicken spaghetti that is baked. Is this the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful birthday weekend together, sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. So cute. I loved Chi chi's but they closed down in my area. Boy I wish they would open up again they were yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, T! He's lucky to have an awesome lady like you to do his birthday up right. I hope the party is a blast!

    (P.S. I miss Chi Chi's.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, I love the peanut butter analogy :)
    Happy Birthday T!!!! You are lucky to have this lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!