Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh the things I come up with while driving to work....

randomtuesday

So the other day, I was having one of those mornings, driving into work, where every little thing annoyed the crap out of me. I admit it, I have those days. Despite the cheery and wonderful persona all see, bitchiness can and will rear its ugly head from me occasionally.


So when I get in one of those "moods," I tend to pick apart everything. Every comment is dripping with sarcasm, and no topic is off limits. So this got me thinking, as I was driving...there are a lot of unanswered questions that I have to life's many mysteries. In typical Nain fashion, I decided to confront every single one of them to see if you have any answers to these deep questions...heck this will serve as my RTT (Random Tuesday Thoughts) too since these are kind of random...

Why are the Kardashians so famous? I mean, come on, is Bruce Jenner even still relevant? How are they paying for that huge house they live in?

Speaking of Olympics, whatever happened to Nancy Kerrigan? Not sure why I'm asking this, but the thought came to my mind the other day.

What is all that crap on Lady Gaga's face? Makeup? Is it permanently tattooed to her eyes?

Why is there a 4th hour to the Today Show? So that Kathy Lee has a job and an excuse to drink early in the morning?

Why did I become a lawyer again? (I ask myself this at least monthly as I see my Sallie Mae loan balance)

Why isn't Sallie Mae's legal department hiring? They seem to be making so much money from me...surely they have some job openings...

Can you return your degree for a refund if you're not happy with it?
Why is it that companies can take money out of your account so much quicker than they put it in? (Follow-up: Why is it when the bank makes a mistake on a withdraw on your account it takes about 2-3 weeks to correct?)

What makes Miller High Life the champagne of all beers? Because I kind of like champagne...but this ruins it for me....

Why is John Mayer still making songs? And why are people still listening to them?

Further, why do women continue to sleep with John Mayer?

Why am I asking so many questions about John Mayer?

Why are there so many maniac drivers out on the road? Did these people NOT take driver's ed?  And further, how in God's name is it that I make it home safely every day with these nut jobs out here?

Why does it rain at the worst possible time? Like when you have something big planned?

Why did I forget to add "honey" to my recipe of "honey chicken stir fry" yesterday? That's like the main ingredient!

So yeah, these are the thoughts I think of when I drive. It's amazing how my mind wanders. Maybe I need medication for that...

10 comments:

  1. Sallie Mae is getting a bundle of my money also. Do you think they need a librarian and a lawyer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can answer about Nancy Kerrigan is that her brother murdered her father not too long ago. Horrible, I know. Sorry, I am such a downer.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off I am pretty sure Sallie Mae and all the people that work there are the devil. I am glad they have not brought you into their evil forces yet. They probably wouldn't even GIVE you a paycheck, they would give you a statement saying what you would of earned, add on some interest and the balance still being that you will ALWAYS owe them money.

    Secondly, thank goodness it was the honey you left out, other ingredients would of been harder to assume they were missing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your question about the degree is hilarious!I wish I could return mine sometimes but I believe we are stuck with them and all the wonderful student loan payments that go with it! Nancy Kerrigan has disappeared but her gal pal/attacker Tanya is on Tru TV makin' a fool of herself maybe Nancy has the right idea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My only beef with John Mayer is his opinion. If we could just shut him up and not let him spew his man-hate anywhere, I would find it much easier to enjoy his admittedly catchy songs. (Like, his new one? Half of my heart? I think Taylor Swift has a background vocal on the chorus. Almost as if he said, "Yes, she can sing on the track, but I get ALL the stanzas and the lead on the main bridge. I love me." Almost. Not quite sure what he really said. It was probably worse. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen on Sallie May!!

    Enjoyed reading your random thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've questioned a lot of stuff I've questioned in my head...I love it!

    Now to see about getting some answers... ;)

    RTT: Heat, Dork Dogs, Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love random thoughts - and if it makes you feel any better, I've heard women have stopped sleeping with John Mayer.

    Did it work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love the random thoughts and you certainly had many of them! lol Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, yeah... this sounds surprising close to how my mind wanders. I love reading other peoples random thoughts, it makes me feel less weird :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!