Monday, July 26, 2010

I haven't done this since college....

So, despite my anxiety behind the whole thing, I survived the weekend. And I had a ton of fun in the process. The shower was incredible, thanks goes out to my sister for putting this whole thing on. She really did go above and beyond in making the day special. I had some great friends to share it with, too. I was so happy to get to reconnect with a couple of my friends from college who I haven't seen in forever. We got a ton of loot, too. Seriously. I have no idea where to put half of it either. Right now, we have bags and boxes just stacked up in our hallway in front of the linen closet. They were stacked up in our guest bedroom but since T's dad and brother will be coming into town for the bachelor party festivities this weekend, I felt they deserved to stay in a clean room rather than wedding storage facility. So these items have made their way to the hallway. Not much better, really.

Anyway, I digress...after the shower festivities, the bridesmaids and everyone going to the bachelorette party stuck around my sister's house until dinner time. The plans were to hit up a local pub for dinner and drinks and then head downtown. The theme for the night was pink leopard print. Back story: In college, I had an obsession with leopard everything. My dorm room my sophomore and junior years was all decked out in leopard. Most of it was stuff I made personally. I painted items, including candle holders, the edge of my bulletin board, frames, etc., in a leopard pattern. Leopard sheets, bedspread, rug, the whole nine yards. I still have most of this stuff in a box somewhere, though I'm not sure why. I doubt T will let me have a leopard room when we build a house someday. We'll see. Anyway, so my sister got me all of this cute bachelorette stuff to wear that incorporated the pink leopard theme. Shot glass necklace, sash, cute little leopard bag to carry items in, leopard flip flops, the whole nine yards. Before we left she decided to play dress up with me, too, and she dressed me up in a cute little black dress and even did my painted my nails pink and black leopard to match. So we got all dolled up and headed out for the night...

Now I should let you know that I did let my anxiety get the better of me for the first portion of the night. I felt so sick to my stomach due to nerves throughout dinner, and I hardly ate a thing. It took all I had in me to drink my beer at dinner, as well. Not sure why I had myself so wound up, but I had myself convinced I was going to drink too much and get sick. (Irrational fears, how I love them.) However, thanks to my friends, I was able to loosen up throughout the evening, as we headed downtown for some dancing. I haven't danced like that in ages either. It was a great precursor to the wedding reception, I'm sure. We hit two different bars, the Cadillac Ranch and Ike & Jonesy's. And we stayed out until 2:45 a.m. I didn't hit the bed until a little after 3:00 a.m. I have not done that since college, let me tell you, and even when I did stay out that late, that was a pretty rare occasion. But the night was incredible, and I had a great last hurrah as a single lady.

The next morning, surprisingly, I woke up pretty much OK. I was exhausted beyond belief, but I wasn't hungover at all. (Yay!) I laid around and played with my niece for a little bit before heading back home. I arrived home to T and a clean house (isn't he the best?) I pretty much laid around the rest of the day watching episodes of The Jersey Shore and I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. I did decide to do a little bit of laundry, which took all the energy I had in me, and then I got the bright idea to get dinner started for the next day. I took out my crock pot and began to get things set out for the morning when I lost my grip on the stoneware insert to the crock pot, letting it fly out of my hands and then shatter all over the kitchen floor. Lesson learned: Don't do anything productive when you're that tired. Poor T had to console me (I was in tears because it scared me so much and well, I was exhausted) and then clean the floor of shards of stoneware before we could head to bed for the evening.

So the worrying was unnecessary. I know, you all told me so! I would have pictures on here, but I'm not one to post drunken pictures of myself for the entire public to see...sorry ladies!

5 comments:

  1. No photo evidence needed. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time!!! What a memory you'll have for a lifetime!!

    By the way...swing by my blog, I have an award for you :) http://corisbigmouth.blogspot.com/2010/07/can-i-get-woot-woot.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they brought back the pink leopard print! It sounds like you are well-loved, and deservedly so!

    This whole post made me smile. With the exception of the shattered crock pot. I'm sorry that happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should dredge up at least one before we got drunk photo, come on, I want to see! Sounds like a fun night. This is when the wedding reality starts to really sink in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny about your nephew on Twitter. I have an account but I have no idea how it works...what does that say about us? Probably that 13 year olds nowadays are so much smarter than we are?...ok, don't answer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!