Friday, July 30, 2010

A weekend for the guys

So last weekend I told all of you about my bridal shower and bachelorette festivities. It was a great time, and I am now fully recovered from my "fun" over the weekend. Well, guess what...it's T's turn now. Yep, the big bachelor party is set for this Saturday. And T couldn't be more excited. Truth be told, I'm pretty excited for him, too. See, unlike me and my glory days in college, T was pretty tame. He went to a local college and lived at home with his parents. He worked his butt off for six years and got his bachelors and masters in engineering. That being said, I do know one of his huge regrets is that he didn't really go out and have fun a lot in his college days. Since we've been together, I've tried to change that, exposing him to a whole world of new experiences, but I can't really pull of a guy's night out. I lack several pieces of equipment important for that, and while, yes, I can drink beer and eat wings like any other guy, I'm simply not one of the guys. So he'll be able to experience a bit more of that this weekend.


My older brother is planning this excursion for T, God help us. No, I'm actually being a bit dramatic about that. I'm very happy that my brother is planning this for him, and I'm sure it'll be an awesome time. They've got their "guy" activities all planned out - go-carting in the afternoon, dinner at a local microbrewery, and then hitting the bars downtown. T's Dad and brother are making the trip from Michigan to attend this weekend, and I know that T's super excited to have them here. They'll be coming in Friday night and staying until Sunday morning. We try to see T's family as much as we can, but they live about 5 hours away so that can make it difficult at times.

Since our house will be full of men, I am hitting the road and staying with my parents for the weekend. We're doing some wedding stuff, getting my dress for the rehearsal dinner, working on the bags for guests at the hotel, getting the bridesmaids' gifts, etc. I feel bad leaving T for the weekend, but at the same time it'll be great to get this stuff done and also to let him have a guys weekend, just him and the boys. He deserves that.

I'll also be helping watch Roo, since my sister has a work conference to go to on Saturday, so that should be nice. Just a little Nainy and Roo time would be good. I'm sure I'll be regaling you with stories of that next week.

Just a thought to ask you all out there in blogland...how would you feel about a guest post from the man himself, T? It's an idea I've been toying with, and if you all ask nicely, I'm sure he'll oblige :-) I just can't promise you what it'll be about. I'm sure lots of math and engineering stuff. Cars, tools, you know, that kind of talk. Things that make me want to poke my eyes out.

Have a good weekend everyone!

14 comments:

  1. hope he has fun at his bachelor party. maybe he can write a guest post about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the guest post would be awesome! I hope he has a great time!

    Come check out Makes It All Worth It Fridays (http://mothershideaway.com/blog/2010/07/29/makes-it-all-worth-it-fridays/.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy, but fun weekend for the both of you. Have fun and enjoy it=) I hope you get much accomplished this weekend for the wedding!

    A fellow bf ff friend=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope he has fun!
    He could write about his bachelor party!! That would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely do a guest post. Give him a chance to "correct" any info you've shared with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your guy has a great night out in store. Have fun with the wedding prep and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

    As for the guest posting, if T is willing to write a post, by all means, go for it. My hubby is an engineer, and I don't think I could get him to write a post if I begged him. To be honest, I never even thought of asking him. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never let John take over on my site, but always like to hear from the "husbands"! (Plus, I don't think John would want to anyway. ) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it would be a great idea to have him post- could get some good twitter or feedback buzz too I bet depending upon his topic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you both are able to enjoy the weekend! I'm glad he is getting to make up for lost time :-)

    Good luck on the wedding planning! What are you getting for the bridesmaids gifts?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blog, and your view of the world! You have my kind of sense of humor...gals like us have to stick together :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmm.... I would LOVE a guest post from your man! How much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a fun and wild weekend for T and a nice quiet relaxing weekend for you!! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to meet you! Thanks for following me on blog frog. I hope you can come visit my blog and link up on my blog hop. I'm your newest follower.
    Julie @ Bunches of Bargains
    http://bunchesofbargains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!