Thursday, July 8, 2010

Spin Cycle: Poetry!

So this week's Spin Cycle, brought to you by Sprite's Keeper, was a tough one.  Poetry.  Man, that's not so easy to do.  Since I'm always up for a challenge, I decided to put my creative juices to work and put together an original poem by yours truly.  It's based on my own personal changes and struggles over the last few years (well, probably last ten years, but who is counting?)  Be kind...remember, I'm just now getting back into this :-)

Gazing at a picture
At a girl who looks a lot like me,
I wonder where her life took her
and how she came to be,

Did she know then where life would lead her,
And of the challenges she would face,
Did she know then how she should guard her heart,
For some things you can never erase,

Did she surround herself with love,
And believe in faith and hope and trust,
Would she lose herself along the way
To temptation, despair, emptiness and lust,

I look into the girl's green eyes,
And realize they are my own,
I know my heart and hers are the same,
Though I am fully grown,

I am not who I once was
Through life, I have taken a detour or two,
Trials and tribulations I have faced,
But my faith has seen me through

I've come out stronger through test of time
I may bend but I will never break
My heart is strong, my faith resound
What life gives, I know that I can take.

5 comments:

  1. That's pretty good. I'm not that good with the poetry thing. Great Spin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Spin! It truly captures your journey so far. Love it! You're linked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for someone "out of practice" you did a great job! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You summed up beautifully what it feels like to look back on yourself and know that you have changed. I like how you indicate that you have grown and that you can now bend and not break. I think we tend to forget that life is a challenge and not to get too rigid.

    Thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!