Saturday, July 17, 2010

Saturday Steals - One cup coffeemaker!

So it's that time again - Saturday Steals, brought to you by Camille at Archives of Our Lives!

Now this week, this isn't necessarily a steal, I've personally purchased, and the person who bought it for us, I'm sure, paid the normal full price, but...it's our new toy, we love it, so I just have to feature it on a post!

It's our Keurig one cup coffeemaker!  When T and I registered for this, we didn't think in a million years that someone would actually purchase this for us.  We kind of figured we'd buy it with gift cards after the wedding.  It was a pipe dream.  However, my aunt and uncle from Buffalo, NY, and their entire family went in together and this was our wonderful shower present from them.  I love it!


Now for those of you who haven't used one of these before, let me explain...a year ago, T and I did retreats at our church, and someone brought one of these for coffee in the morning and during the day sessions.  This thing is so cool.  You buy little cups for different flavors of coffee (I bought us some Caribou coffee to start), You open the top part, stick the plastic cup thing in it, close it (and it punctures a hole in the cup to brew the coffee).  You put some water in the container in the side, hit the button for how big of a cup you want, and voila!  Coffee! 

Now I love coffee almost as much as I love getting oxygen to my brain, so this is the perfect gift in my book.  So there's my Saturday Steal...it's free to us, right? 

 I'm off to clean my house from top to bottom before T and I have a date night out.  (whoo-hoo!)  Happy Saturday everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Saturday! I also have one of those wonderful machines. I actually got mine with my rebate check from Costco's - about 2 months ago, and to be honest, have no idea how we got along without it before.

    Everyone gets whatever coffee they want, no wasted (leftover) coffee that gets cold....I also have the "make your own filter" thingy that I use for tea (and will for coffee too) that is great.

    I like this one so much more than the Senseo that I had before (just easier and neater)with many more "flavors" available in the stores.

    Enjoy your "Saturday Steal" I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I've always wanted one of these. I've had coffee from a friend's Keugig and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great steal!!
    Thanks for your comment!! I'm a new follower!!
    When are you getting married?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Chloe - Thanks! We're getting married Sept 18th...less than 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me want to take up drinking coffee just so I can have one of these fun toys!

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JEALOUS! I've wanted one of those things for awhile now! Great gift!

    Caribou coffee is wonderful. Have you ever had their white chocolate lavender iced coffee? It's my absolute fave and I'm sure it's seasonal so I'll cry when they stop serving it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I love my k-cup machine! You will become addicted to it! Check out coffeeicon.com ... you can order just about ANY k-cup. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!