Saturday, July 24, 2010

I love samples!

It's Saturday! While I'm getting ready to head out of town for my bridal shower and bachelorette party festivities, I wanted to participate in my weekly Saturday Steal, brought to you courtesy of Camille at Archives of Our Lives.

My steal this week is pretty interesting. Ever since I have gone to law school and officially became broke, I have gone on an Internet search for coupons, samples, freebies, etc. I have a few sites bookmarked that I frequent, one of which is Mommy Saves Big, a blog offered through blogspot.com. I go on there every now and then and see what I can find. I often times find things like free shampoo samples, granola bar samples, soap samples, etc. A few times I've hit the motherload and have actually gotten a substantial amount of stuff. T finds it hilarious because sometimes he'll come home and we'll have a few random boxes marked from Wal-Mart, and they'll have a sample of cereal in them or something like that. Hey, every bit counts, right?

So a little while ago, I was looking again on my favorite free samples blog, when I came across an offer from telemundo (I think that's what it was) for samples. Of course, when you clicked the site, it was all in Spanish, but I know a little Spanish so I was able to fill it out with ease. I didn't think anything of it until just this last Saturday, when the following box came to my door. And look at the goodies that came inside of it!

I mean, that's a big sample of Bisquick. Even I was impressed. A free box of cereal and a free granola bar, as well as a coupon for $40 off 5 yoplait yogurts. Whoo-hoo! I've scored the motherload!

So yes, I'm cheap, but when you owe as much as I do in student loan debt, you do what you gotta do. Plus, getting this package in the mail made my day, even if it was in Spanish, as well as the directions for the Bisquick.

Happy Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! That's a great steal! And how fun is it that you get to translate as you bake with your Bisquick? I like signing up for samples too... I love the shampoo, lotion and toothpaste ones for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing! I love getting free samples of stuff. It sounds a lot like your site, but one I frequent is Rockin Deals: http://www.rockindeals4you.com/

    you really did hit the jackpot. I'm impressed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog, and discussing ways to get freebies is an added bonus. My husband encouraged me to check out http://absurdlycool.com/all/samples, when I was pregnant and I liked the varieties of samples offered. I have not signed up for any freebies in a while because it seemed like half of the items never arrive.

    CleverlyChangin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so exciting! I would have been giddy opening up a box with that many free goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, free stuff would be nice. Except I think I'm too lazy to fill out the form to get the free stuff...
    Have been reading other posts in your blog. Wow, you are very inspirational! You have so much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAHOO! That oughtta make for some wonderful (free) breakfasts! I love getting samples too, and Kyle's the same way about making fun of me and my free tampons. : )

    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!