Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Random Thoughts of Nain

randomtuesday

It's Tuesday! You know what that means? I get to subject all of you to my random thoughts. (See, T is normally the lucky person to be the receiver of these, but on Tuesdays, I get a much larger audience. muah-ha-ha) So here goes nothing...

I think I've said this before, but it needs saying it again. I want it to be fall. For several reasons, one of them being my wedding day, and the other being I just love fall. I love the weather, the colors, the football, everything. So yes, can September get here just a bit sooner? I could seriously go for some college football and a beer on a Saturday afternoon.

Speaking of fall and wedding stuff, we are meeting with our church lady this week. She's the wedding coordinator for our church and is our go-to person for all things ceremony. I'm looking forward to it because this is the part T and I are really excited about. Sure, the reception will be a blast, and I'm definitely looking forward to it, but what I really am looking forward to is marrying T in front of God and all of our family and friends. The ceremony is the most important part, and I just can't wait to start planning it. And I can't wait to marry T :-)  We've already started receiving some of our RSVPs, so it's getting close!

My hair has gotten super long since I'm growing it out for the wedding. It's not the longest it's ever been, but it's pretty darn long. The problem with it is that it's so thick so the summer doesn't bode well for it. That, and I shed. All over the place. Poor T is constantly (well, weekly) cleaning the drains in our bathroom because they're always clogged. In fact, he did so last night.  I feel bad, but what can I do? T likes it long, and honestly, I do, too, but maybe not so long. I think deep down he's worried that after the wedding I'm going to chop it all off. Or post-baby when we decide to have kids. Maybe I'll do a Kate Gosselin look. ha

I have to go to the dentist today.  That, aside from the gyno, is my least favorite appointment ever.  I hate the taste and grittiness of the toothpaste, the scraping of the teeth, grinding of the drill...ugh, I hate it all.  Most of all, I hate that every time I go, I seem to get more cavities.  It's a side effect of being lactose intolerant.  No milk and very little calcium as a little girl means pretty weak teeth.  When I was little, I used to throw fits for my parents when we had to go the dentist.  While I don't do that now (because people would likely stare and point), I do throw these small fits in my head as I'm driving to my appointment.  ("But I don't wanna go!!!")  But alas, it's the price I must pay for clean teeth. 

Anyway, those are my random Tuesday thoughts...now its time to get to work while I can start dreading my 3:45 dental appointment...

9 comments:

  1. Not real fond of the dentist myself. And we had a freind who's daughter threw a fit in the grocery store and he told her she was doing it wrong and got down on the floor and yelled and kicked and screamed--it shut his daughter up and I don't think she threw any more fits in the store with him. So adults can throw fits in public--for a good reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall as well for many of the same reasons. My parents were wed in the fall and My eldest son was born in the fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does blogger not like me??? Damn you comment thingy!!!!! I try to be nice to it...anyways, will try this again, although I was extremely witty before, and may have used it all up...hmmmmm...I like the fall too. Yep, wittiness is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stoopid blogger comment thingy, I noticed it didn't leave my very witty reparte!!! Only the last comment in triplicate..... sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower from Tuesday Following!

    http://simplystacie.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of all the places we've lived in the last 10 years, Bloomington, IN was my favorite. Good luck on all the wedding stuff. Hope the dentist appt. went well. Great random.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your wedding! I dislike the dentist too- I always feel like I'm about to be tortured in some horrible way. /sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!