Thursday, July 8, 2010

I've been tagged

You lucky people, you.  I am posting TWICE in one day!  Why?  Because I have been tagged by Vandy J at Testosterone Three and Me, and I never back down from a challenge.  I'm supposed to tell you all 25 things about me and then tag ten bloggers to do the same.  I'm not sure I can think of 10 bloggers to do that too so I'm just going to pick a few and go for it...
  1. I have a huge sweet tooth. Sure, this wasn't a bad thing when I was in high school and had an awesome metabolism, but a few pounds and cavities later, I'm paying the price for that.
  2. I worry about everything. Absolutely everything. And then I worrying about worrying. It's a vicious cycle. 
  3. I clean as therapy. Whenever I'm extremely stressed and feel like my work life or anything else is out of control, I clean or do laundry. It's silly but it just makes me feel better. At least something has order to it, you know? Heck, it saves on therapy bills at least! 
  4. I check my bed for bugs every night. When I lived on my own, I had this bug problem with these centipede type things. One got in my bed one night, under my pillow, and I have never been the same. I check it every night. Neurotic, yes? But what if I found a bug?  
  5. I am not really an outdoors person. Yes, I like to take walks and hikes, but camping? No. And my idea of experiencing wildlife? Going to the zoo. Not a camper at all.  
  6. My favorite show of all time is Gilmore Girls. I own all seasons of it, and I basically have every episode memorized. It's a sickness, but I can't help it! I love that show.  
  7. I am currently working on writing my first novel. I'm six chapters in, and I am hoping I can keep up the momentum.  
  8. I love my dark beer. My favorite is Guinness, and we'll be going to tour the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin this fall during our honeymoon.  
  9. I am getting married in just two months as of July 18th! Couldn't be more excited!  
  10. I love pancakes. I could eat them for any meal of the day...delicious!  
  11. I love to cook and try new things, especially on the weekends.  
  12. In 2006-2007, I took ballroom dancing. It was a class in the area, and I absolutely loved it. I secretly want to get back and do that again someday.  
  13. Because of my love of ballroom dance, I am addicted to Dancing with the Stars. I don't miss an episode when they're on, and I have been known to vote for contestants, as well.  
  14. Back in college, I used to have an obsession with all things leopard. My sophomore and junior year, my entire dorm room was decked out in it, some of it stuff I painted myself. I still have a lot of it, though I doubt I'll be dedicating a room solely to leopard again :-)  
  15. I like my food hot. Even if the food comes fresh out of the oven, I still nuke it for like 15 seconds to get it warm. I'll even get up from the table and go nuke it if I think it's luke warm. It drives T crazy...guess I'm a little OCD.  
  16. I think DVR is one of the best inventions of man-kind.  
  17. I'm lactose intolerant so I can't really handle my dairy all that well. I didn't know this fact until I was in college. I couldn't handle it all my life but never put two and two together. It's too bad, too, because I love ice cream and pizza, cheesecake, etc. I take lactaid but that doesn't always do the trick. Stupid body!  
  18. I work out daily. I'm a fiend about it. It's a stress reliever, but it's also me being hard about my body because I always think that I'm fat. So I work out. A lot.  
  19. I'm originally from Alabama, but I moved here when I was 10 (Indiana). I used to have this thick southern accent, but it's gone away throughout the years. However, it does come back every now and then, and T always finds it hilarious when I say things with a bit of a twang.  
  20. I have a bit of a potty mouth. I don't curse much on my blog, but that's because I make a concerted effort not to. In daily life? I curse like a sailor.  
  21. I have a hard time focusing. Sometimes I wonder if it's A.D.D. I've been distracted a few times already just writing this. Look! Squirrel!  
  22. I hate law shows. Hate them. Everyone always tries to get me to watch them, but I have no interest. I deal with that stuff on a daily basis, why would I want to watch it as entertainment to relax?  
  23. I'm stubborn, especially when it comes to my health. I have a heart condition and asthma, but I like to think of myself as any normal person so I push myself to the limit with activities until I about lose it. This, too, drives T crazy.
  24. I love my family more than anything in the world. They mean everything to me.  
  25. 25 is my favorite number, too! Good number to end on...it's the day T and I met :-)

 Hope you've enjoyed my ramblings, and hey! Two posts in one day! That's a new record for me!

 
Oh, and I'm supposed to tag some people, too, so here you go!  Tag, you're all it!
 

4 comments:

  1. Woot! Thanks for the tag!

    These were really fun and interesting to read. I too love The Gilmore Girls! And your #18? Yes. Me too, and it's so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I found a bug in my bed I think I would get neurotic about checking too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to learn more things about you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on it! I enjoyed your list. I'll see if I can come up with 25.

    An Alabama girl, huh? Who'd a thunk it? LOL You know we only live about 35 miles from the Alabama State Line!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!