Monday, August 2, 2010

A whole bunch of goodies

I came home after a long but very productive weekend to find that I received a nice little package in the mail.  I love getting packages in the mail.  It's a nice break from the normal bills and junk mail that I receive on a daily basis.  We have been getting quite a few packages in the mail, mostly wedding presents, but nothing has specifically come addressed to me.  So you can imagine my excitement when I arrived home yesterday to find that I got a little gift.  It came from Holly at My Life in HD.  Holly has arranged a Regional Favorite Swaps through BlogFrog, whereby bloggers from all over could submit their name to participate in a swap of regional items from their respective area.  I thought it sounded like an awesome idea, so I was more than happy to sign up.  My gift came from Miss Holly herself from the great state of Michigan.  I'm pretty familiar with Michigan since we vacation there a lot, and well, T's from there so we visit his family as often as we can up there, too.  I absolutely love what I got:


I tried to take a good picture of all of it, but you might not be able to see everything we got here.  I love my gifts, though!  She sent me a whole bunch of sweet goodies...some waffle/pancake mix (She must know how much I love pancakes!), syrup, peanut brittle (YUM), coffee, dried cherries, butterscotch sauce, peanuts, a cute little hate from the local baseball team the Lansing Lug nuts, and three postcards explaining where she got everything.  I love it, Holly!  Totally made my day.  She did an awesome job coming up with this swap idea, and I definitely would love to do it again. 

Now, you've all asked, and he will comply.  T will be doing a guest post for me in the near future.  So I won't discuss the bachelor party festivities from this weekend, but I will share with you one of the things I was able to check off my list for the wedding.  I found myself a beautiful rehearsal dinner dress.  I tried my best to take a good picture of it for all of you, so here goes nothing:

Isn't it pretty?  I tried on a ton of them Friday night, and we actually bought one that I kind of liked but wasn't crazy about.  We went out again Saturday, and I found this dress at JC Penny's, and after I put it on I just fell in love with it.  I can't wait to wear it on the 17th.  I can't believe it's August already, too.  Only 6 more weeks until the big day! 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I've seen those swaps before and they look like fun!
    Beautiful dress, you'll look smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a swap with Shortmama this spring and they are so much fun. It looks like you got some great stuff!

    And that dress looks super. Time is passing way to fast though. But I'm sure it's going slower for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed the Swap, but I won't miss the next one! Isn't it great to get packages in the mail...to be honest that's why I buy so much stuff from eBay! LOL
    I love your new dress...that shade is one of my favorite colors and I bet it looks gorgeous on!
    Have a SUPER day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FUN!!! I love care packages! I'm actually putting together Savannah, GA items to give to our families/friends during Christmas in our evil campaign to get everyone to come visit us here!!

    I absolutely love your dress, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea - I missed out on that swap. What BF community is it in? I'd love to join in next time! So please let me know!

    Your dress is beautiful! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe it started in the SIF community but I might be wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you're enjoying everything Alaina (o:

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress looks gorgeous - and as someone who just went to a rehearsal dinner, you'll be the star of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress! I love the color. You are going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much fun! I love the swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant wait to see you as a bride!

    -jen

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!