Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Small Blessings Tuesdays: New changes and new stuff!

It's Tuesday, so that means its time for Small Treasure Tuesdays with Chantel! I have 2 different treasures to share this week...



The first one involves positive changes. Now, I know I've shared this before, but I did start my blog in May of this year as a way to spring board myself into writing again, leading hopefully to my first published novel. (Hopefully in the near future, I must keep my momentum going!) I've enjoyed blogging immensely and treasure the friendships I've started to develop in the process. Blogging has also reignited my passion for writing, amongst other loves I have, and I can't wait to see where this road will take me. That being said, while I'm satisfied with the direction my blog is going, I'm definitely not satisfied with the look of my blog. I'm not exactly technologically-inclined, and the idea of writing html code to design my own blog terrifies me. When I started my blog, I just sort of picked a template design and said "eh...this will work..."  So, I was inspired by Chantel's newly-designed blog, done by Kim at Seven Thirty Three Custom Blog Designs, and the awesome work they did for her, so I checked them out myself. She has awesome ideas and really reasonable prices, and I couldn't be happier with how the work is going along so far! I can't wait until everything is up and ready to go, so be on the watch for updates soon. I hope you guys like them as much as I do. Also, I have decided once the new designs are up to venture out into other social media, so look for a "View From Down Here" facebook page coming up in the future, too!

My second blessing comes from this past weekend. Saturday and Sunday were spent cleaning the house and also unpacking box after box of wedding shower presents and reorganizing my kitchen. We have a pretty small kitchen, so there's not a whole lot of cabinet space for all of our cool, new stuff. Anyway, it was a successful day, and I feel like we have a whole new house. New bedspread on the bed, new towels and shower curtain in our bathroom, new plates in the kitchen, new coffeemaker, new wine glasses, napkins, place mats, etc. So on Sunday, I decided to break out the new stuff and have a nice dinner, just me and T. We grilled out steak, had some homemade hash browns, green beans, salad and a pudding pie for dessert. I felt just like Martha Stewart. (Seriously, when did I become so domesticated? What happened to me?) It was delicious, if I do say so myself.

So those are my blessings for the week...what are yours? Stop by Chantel's blog and check out what other people have to say this week!

11 comments:

  1. I hear ya about small kitchens, and cupboard space!!! My blessings are of course my little peanut, our happy home, and our health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE the new look! It really explains your title, you know? And I love that feeling, once you start setting up your house, and it begins to feel more like a home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the new look of your blog! It seems to really fit you :-) Isn't Kim awesome?

    Your placemats are so cute! I'm glad your kitchen is coming together. I wish I was more like Martha Stewart :-)

    Thanks for linking up to Small Treasure Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new blog!! I've been working with a designer so hopefully mine will be pretty soon!

    Your kitchen is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHen did you change your blog??? I felt like I was in the twilight zone for a second....I like the polka dots!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Frick!

    I love it - amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it fun to discover that a few new things can perk you and your home up so much?

    I agree friends made through blogs and forums can be amazing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looking great! It would be nice if I got my banner, but my designer is family and I am extremely passive aggressive when it comes to family. (Don't complain to them, but rip them a new one on the blog.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Nain! I love it!! I need to find someone who will redo my blog...just haven't taken the plunge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, Nain!
    I'm glad you received so many wedding shower presents! Post pictures, please!
    My blessings: job, love and health.
    Hope you're having a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The thought of writing or editing the template makes me physically ill!
    Your dinner looked lovely, a Martha protege indeed!
    Hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!