Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Small Treasure Tuesdays!



It's another Small Treasures Tuesday with Chantel over at My Thoughts and Treasures!  My treasure this weekend is summertime festivals.  Every summer, T and I make it a point to go to as many festivals or events outside as we can, but unfortunately, this summer, because of wedding planning, we've had to take a step back from this.  It's sad, really, but we were able to fit in one this summer - it's an annual festival our town puts on called the WAMM Fest.  And no, we're not talking George Michael Wham, but WAMM stands for wine, art, music and microbrews.  All four things I'm totally down for!  We went to the first annual WAMM fest last year and had a great time, and we couldn't pass up another opportunity.

Now, the place where the festival is held is actually in a park which is walking distance from our house, but the weather wasn't looking too promising on Saturday so we drove over instead.  When you walk into the festival, what you see are booths lined up with local restaurants, breweries and wineries. You do have to pay for the food and for the beer, but the wine tasting comes for free.  They also have local artisans set up booths to sell their products, which I always love to check out.  We, of course, hit up the wineries for some free tasting, and then we each got a slice of pizza and a glass of wine to sit and relax, listening to some of the local music they had performing on stages set up in the park. 

I'm lactose intolerant, mind you, but this pizza looked so delicious, I couldn't pass it up.  So I took my Lactaid, crossed my fingers that it would work, and enjoyed it.  The pizza slice was almost as big as my head!  It was as awesome as it looks, though, in case you were wondering...


 

We spent the rest of our time there just walking around, checking out the booths and of course, grabbing a bite for dessert.  (I hate to admit it, but I fell off the diet wagon briefly this weekend.)   It was also interesting to just sit and people watch.  I found myself a Plan B in case this marriage thing with T didn't work out.  I spotted a silver fox, pony tail down to his waste with some really tight dasiy duke jean shorts on and a tucked-in gray wifebeater.  Whoo, let me tell you...it was hard not to notice that dreamy guy.  T was ok with it, so long as it was only a Plan B.  (I'm not sure he felt too threatened...)
We had a great afternoon!  It was nice to just get away from all of the wedding planning craziness and have fun and do nothing for a change.  We definitely plan on coming back for more next year!

 


 
What are your small blessings for this week?
 

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm Pizzaaaa... Yummmmmm.
    Change of mind: tonight I'll have pizza for dinner! Ha!
    Blessings for this week? Well, yesterday was my birthday and I've had a great time last weekend, celebrating my birthday with my family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added your link, I called it Summer is a Treasure- i hope that's alright?

    That guy sounds like a real catch... but I'm glad he's Plan B. :-)

    Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm glad you were able to make it to one of the festivals.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that guy sounds like a keeper. Nothing like a pair of man shorts to make you leave your fiance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lactose intolerant too...not so much fun!

    Looks like you guys had a great time! Love the self-portrait of the two of you!! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!