Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Small Treasures Tuesday



It's Tuesday!  One day closer to the weekend and also Small Treasure Tuesdays with Chantel.  My treasure this week is my best friend, my one and only, T.  I would actually say he is a big treasure in my life because I feel blessed to have him in my life every single day.  Tomorrow will be marking the one month point until our wedding, and I truly feel blessed to have him by my side.  Throughout all of this madness, he has been there for me.  God knows it hasn't been easy, but he's always my biggest fan and my support when I need him the most.
These past few weeks have been particularly stressful with work, money, some crises in my family, and wedding planning.  I've been teetering on the brink of completely losing it, and T is always there for me, whether it be through a hug, some chocolate or a joke to make me laugh.  I can always depend on him. 
You probably didn't get this from his guest post, but T's a bit of a goofball...I think that's why we get along so well.  When we first met, he wasn't exactly the talkative one in our relationship, but that's just because he can come across as shy.   However, as we've gotten closer and closer, he's definitely become the talkative one in our relationship. Some days I can't get him to stop.  I have to admit, sometimes I'm not always listening to him rambling, but when I do, it's always interesting what he's saying.  Take this conversation for example:
While watching Cake Boss last night on TLC, Buddy was making a wedding cake for these two grooms.  It was an awesome cake, as most of his cakes always are, and Buddy was talking about how in love these two guys are.  Without going into detail, let's just say that T and I support the equal right to marry no matter what your sexual preference may be.  So I had to stop and do a double take when I hear T say this:
"You know, if I were gay, I'd want to be married, too."  (T to me)
I'm not sure if heard him right so I go "what?" 
"Yeah, but I'd have to find the right guy.  I wouldn't want to end up with some douche." 
I wish I could say this was the only time he said this during the show, but sadly, he repeated himself at least two more times, as is typical in T's conversations.  See, if you don't acknowledge his statement, he'll assume you didn't hear it and will repeat it until you do acknowledge it.  This is why I love him.  Whether he realizes it or not, he never ceases to make me smile or laugh. 
He may be a goofball, but he's my goofball. 

 

8 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww! I can't wait for my honey bunny to get that close with me! We're new at this but I think If I stop threatening him with violence, he'll open up soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. I'm so glad you have T in your life!!
    He IS a good guy. :) I like him! ha!
    And I don't even really know him...
    MJ is always making me smile and laugh. And he shows me how much he loves all the time. And that makes me sooo happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm so excited for you guys! It sounds like you have a lot of fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I've had your blog open for about 15 minutes now. I keep flipping back to it and meaning to comment, but nothing beyond, "Awe! That's so cute!" is coming to mind. So, I apologize for my lack of creativity and wit, but...Awe! That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lucky to have your goofball :)

    Stop by my blog, I have a Chaos award to give you :) http://corisbigmouth.blogspot.com/2010/08/kreativ-chaos.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so important to have the person in your life who makes it all better. I'm glad you found yours!

    That last picture is hilarious and adorable all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, You two are MFE. (Sleepless in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, looks like Helena left a comment under my name...

    Thanks for linking up to Small Treasure Tuesdays! You guys are so cute, and fun! I am very excited for you :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!