Saturday, August 28, 2010

Footloose and tweeting

It's a bright and beautiful Saturday.....T and I are up and at 'em and headed to the last of three wedding showers before the big day.  This one is being thrown by my coworkers at my boss's house.  I feel bad for saying this, but, dude, I'm showered out.  Don't get me wrong - I really appreciate them, but I'm just ready for the showers to be done.  After the shower, we're having friends over for dinner for some baked spaghetti and a little movie called Footloose.  T is a very sheltered boy, and he hasn't watched a whole lot of movies growing up and in his formative years.  I would list them all that he hasn't seen, but that would take forever.  Needless to say, the boy has missed out on some classics.  A few months ago we introduced him to the story of Baby and Johnny in Dirty Dancing.  Tonight, we're going to show him just how well Kevin Bacon can dance.  (My personal favorite scene is where he is in that barn, all hot and angry and throws his beer bottle on the ground and breaks out into dance.  I don't know about you, but that's how I handle my stress, too.) 
 
Anyway, suffice it to say, today will be busy.  So I will need to post my Saturday Steal later this week, promise. 
 
I did make a huge step this week in the world of blogging.  I opened a Twitter account.  I have no clue what I'm doing, and I still flinch when I even read or hear the word "tweet" (I don't know...it just sounds dirty to me...)  I do have a few questions, though, for you more experienced "tweeters" out there (or is it "twits?") 
 
What does #FF mean?  How do you get your blog posts to be those short URLs when you post them?  Why do they limit how many characters you can use in your posts?  How much time do you spend on Twitter? 
 
Just curious...anyway, if you're on Twitter, find me @viewfromnain.  And if you're on Facebook, click on the link thing to your right and like my page, too.  It'll make me feel REALLY good about myself.  Trust me.
 
Happy Saturday!
 

9 comments:

  1. I am following you on FB and twitter now...jury's still out for me on twitter-oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't find you on Twitter :O...

    ReplyDelete
  3. #FF mean friend follow or Friday follow.. it is people that person follows and they are recommending them to others.
    IT should shorten your URL automatically. I use TWeetDeck so it will shorten them. You are only allowed 140 characters per tweet so you need them short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what #FF means either!:(
    Hope you have a happy Saturday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been on twitter.. you should ask Helena, she uses twitter all the time :-)

    i've never seen footloose either! I missed out on a lot of movies as well. But I plan on watching it soon :-) Good luck at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to find you on Twitter, but nothing is coming up! :(

    Find me!! @sifinalaska

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - I just found you through BlogFrog. FYI - the links to your twitter page aren't working, but I found you anyway since you included your user name. And welcome to Twitter!

    #FF is Follow Friday - you recommend people to follow and include the #FF hashtag so that people can search for all the #FF recommendations. You'll learn pretty quickly about hashtags. For example, if you tweet on a political issue, you might use #politics and then other Twitter users can see your tweet with all the other tweets that mention #politics.

    It just so happens that @NewBreedMama recently did a Twitter tutorial for newbies - check it out and follow her, too: http://newbreedofmom.blogspot.com/2010/08/twitter-etiquette.html

    And if ever you have questions, feel free to ask - I'm @KarenChronicles and I've been a "tweep" (rather than "twit") for over 2 years. Don't worry - you don't HAVE to speak in twitter terms. I call tweets posts all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, since you change your blog template this is first time I visit. I like it ,look nice, Thanks for visit my community I hope you will come often and share your experience there.
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com/
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't tweet (or at least not where I can write about it in public...LOL). I have seen people have their own facebook "page" for their nlog. How do you do that?

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!