Saturday, August 7, 2010

True love....

I'm sorry to say I don't have any Saturday Steals this week, which is ok because Camille is out in NYC enjoying the BlogHer conference (and I am incredibly jealous, but whatever, I'm going to Ireland soon..ha), so instead I'll regale you with tales of my premarital bliss...this is an interaction T and I had yesterday:


In our house we have a window seat in our front window in the kitchen. It faces the street right outside our front yard, and it can be kind of busy. Sometimes I just like to sit there and stare out the window. Back in the spring, when things were still alive and pretty and not dead from the summer heat, I'd sit out there and stare at our yard and marvel at our hard work in making it look so pretty. Not so much now, but it's still peaceful to sit and watch. So today, I force T to go outside and turn on the sprinkler to water our dying plants, and after he turns on the sprinkler, I just sit there and watch the water from the sprinkler run down from the window as it waters our flowers. T says to me, "You're so cute.....You look like a deep thinker," and I say "yes, as I sit here and ponder the meaning of life, watching the rain hit our window (I know it's not rain, but I'm pretending that it is rain and I'm listening to some 90s ballad song playing in the background, all deep-like)." T says "yes, except every drop of water that is hitting our window is costing us money." I then snap out of my daydream.

He's such a positive thinker, isn't he? That's why I love him. Such a realist. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. Funny! It is all about perspective right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep sometimes its a quandry whether to stay in the dream or the reality...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL. too funny!

    Suzie Q's comment made me think of Inception. Have you seen that movie? I would highly recommend that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BAHAHA!
    I used to be like T. Too much realist. And too worried about wasting money. But now I'm just enjoying what we have. Period. It's easier. And I'm happier. :)
    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that!!! You guys are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...what a cute story. I'm so happy for you guys! And thanks for being remiss about SS. I know your heart was in it! : ) I guess it's been a while since I visited your actual blog (i.e. not google reader)—I like the new look!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!