Monday, August 30, 2010

Doh!

So, I think it is well established that I officially lost my mind last week. With that, I lost any intelligence I had whatsoever while I was at my work, but, the important thing is, I made my admin laugh.

So up until July or so, I had this one assistant, Tish. I love Tish. She’s excellent at her job, always laughed at my jokes, and did everything promptly and correctly. But we had some staff changes recently, and I was given a brand spankin’ new admin, Tammy. I love her, too, so don’t get me wrong, I’m definitely good with this change. Both ladies are fabulous.

This story does have a point, trust me. Last week, whenever I would send Tammy some work, as I am trying to get my work taken care of before we leave the country in three weeks, I kept telling her that I was sorry I was giving her so much to do. Finally she told me that I needed to stop apologizing for her doing her job. She said I was just being silly, which I was, but I kept it up for good effect and it got a laugh.

On Friday, I spent most of my morning and afternoon in court, so this required me to put on my “out-of-office assistant” on my good old outlook email. It took me awhile to figure out how to even work this thing to begin with, but I figured it out eventually. So I clicked on my out-of-office and went on my merry way.

It was Tammy’s birthday on Friday, so she sent an all office email to everyone informing them that she brought in some kind of dessert. I wasn’t there, so of course, she got my out of office reply after emailing. So I get her email informing us about the cake and then one going “Wait, do I not know something? Is Tish your admin again?” Scratching my head, I go back and read my email. Doh. I never changed the admin’s name on “I’m not in the office. Please contact my admin, so-and-so for any questions at (insert phone number here).” I’ve had this up for a couple of months now and it’s been incorrect. I sure hope people weren’t contacting Tish for questions. So I quickly correct that and email her saying “doh! Sorry…I told you the other day, I’ve lost my mind. Can you email me your phone number so I can put that in there, too?” Right after I send that, I look at her email again, and what do you know? It’s in the signature line! Doh! So I email her back and go “Nevermind, you had it in your email. I’m going crazy.” She emails me back telling me that I’m cracking her up and she’s trying to not laugh in her cube so as to not disturb anyone. She then writes me back one minute later and goes “girl, it’s 8/27, not 8/20! You are too funny!” Oh, what’s that? I had the wrong date in there? Oh, look at that, I sure do…I’m a week behind. What is wrong with me? So I respond to her with this: (hangs in her head and shame) She writes back saying at this point, she couldn’t hold the laugh in anymore, and I reply to her that this is my treat for her birthday. No gift, no card, you just get my stupidity for the day. Happy birthday, Tammy.

I’m not normally this dippy, I’m really not. But my mind is all over the place. Last week alone, I missed a meeting by writing the wrong day down, messed up a court order, and apparently am sending out the wrong out-of-office messages. Go, me!

I’m thinking this might get worse until September 18th gets here. What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Lmbo sounds like you have your heart and hands full rightnow. Which is to be expected with all you have going on. Stop and take a deep breath.. make time for that daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it's too funny!
    But hey, think about this: I'll be doing the same (or worse) mistakes as you in a month... And then you'll laugh out loud! :)
    Just take a deep breath and relax. Forget about the pressure and the stress. Just think about how much fun you're having in a few weeks! 18th September will be the happiest day in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I giggled through most of this because I swear I've done the same thing! You have a free pass for this kind of stuff-- you are in the home stretch for your wedding!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sad part is that I'm like this all the time - and I don't have the excuse of an upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He he, I think you should expect it to get a little bit worse before it gets better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wait until you are pregnant--this sort of thing gets worse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha! Very nice. that made me laugh :-)

    I'm afraid it might get worse, but it makes for good blog posts :-P

    ReplyDelete
  8. bless your heart! You will lose it little by little each day until you are in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!