Wednesday, August 18, 2010

One more month

One month from today....
One month from today, I will be waking up alone in my bed, because T will have spent the night at the hotel after rehearsal dinner...

One month from today, I will be waking up with the realization that in just a few short hours, I will be getting married to my best friend and the love of my life...

One month from today, I will likely not eat a thing for breakfast and will be barely able to stomach my coffee, as is typical for me when I have a big event...

One month from today, I will be heading to the hair salon with my bridesmaids to get ready for the big day...

One month from today, I will likely be sitting there, with anxious knots in my stomach, watching the girls get their hair done and wish that time would go by just a little bit quicker and that 2:00 p.m. would be there...

One month from today, I will be sitting in my seat, watching my hairdresser tease, comb and curl my hair in a fog of hairspray...

One month from today, I will be sitting there, thinking about what T is doing and what he is thinking this very second, wondering how he is feeling, too...

One month from today, I will be putting on my makeup, with the help of my sister, of course, as I will be too nervous to actually apply mascara and eyeliner without poking myself in the eye....

One month from today, I will be heading with my bridesmaids to the church, entering in our designated entrance, making sure we don't run into T...

One month from today, I will be slipping on my wedding dress, making sure everything is perfect and ready to go for pictures...

One month from today, I will be posing for pictures with my family and bridesmaids in the church, trying my best to smile naturally and not look like a total goof ball....

One month from today, I will be sneaking back into the bride's room, anxiously awaiting the time to hit 2:00 p.m....

One month from today, I will be hugging my bridesmaids and flower girls before we head out of the bride's room and towards the church...

One month from today, I will be grasping my father's arm tightly, excited with anticipation but also a bundle of nerves...
One month from today, I will kiss my father on the cheek, tell him that I love him and jokingly ask him to make sure I don't fall down as we walk down the aisle...

One month from today, I will hear music playing from the church and will let my father pull my veil over my face and take a deep breath, reminding myself to breath...

One month from today, the church doors will open, and I will step to the back of the aisle, waiting for my cue to start walking...

One month from today, I will be focused on one thing and one thing only, as I make my way down the aisle - I will be focused on the look in T's eyes. All of my nerves, all of my butterflies will fade away as I have been anxiously waiting for this one moment, the moment where I say "I do" and begin my future with the man I love, my soul mate, and my best friend.

One month from today will be the happiest day of my life, and I couldn't be more excited. I only wish that day were today.


 

15 comments:

  1. Ohh teh anticipation.. now you have me all excited for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure that one month from today, you find a moment in each activity to just sit back and think how happy you are. One month from today will pass by in a blur. One month from tomorrow, you'll wish you could have a repeat of one month from today so you could remember even more.
    Just know that everyone will be there for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Post. Ever.

    I got teary when reading it! You are going to be the most beautiful bride ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. I love this post Nain!! It's so beautiful! I'm so excited for you!! And also you made me realize that my wedding is 2 months and 25 days from today!
    I'm already nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, Nain. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I love countdowns. And weddings. And joy. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting! I love all those feelings, embrace them, the day passes so quickly. I am so excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post!! Beautifully written!! One Month....wahooooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEEEKKKK! I would be totally flipping out! So exciting lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This joyful post is the surest stress buster you'll find! Keep reading it again and again ~ it will do wonders for your latest post on stress (comments on that post later). I have such a wide smile from reading this. I'm am so happy for you. Just as an FYI, in the Jewish tradition, the numerical value of the Hebrew word for Life is 18.
    Very auspicious and full of belief. It's worn as a special charm and gifts for special occasions, such as marriage are given in multiples of 18.
    Can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been married for 38 years to my best friend! Enjoy these days as you count down to your celebration! I hope you are blessed with many years of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember feeling the exact same way. Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your pending marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I am so excited for you! My favorite part?

    "One month from today, I will be putting on my makeup, with the help of my sister, of course, as I will be too nervous to actually apply mascara and eyeliner without poking myself in the eye...."

    This is so true.

    I am so excited to read a similar post, written in past tense!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm very excited for you! I can't wait to read all about it!

    I remember thinking/feeling the same way. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!