Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dreaming of a vacation...

Lately, with all of the stress from work and wedding planning, I've been dreaming of a vacation. We have our Dublin honeymoon coming upon us soon, and I've already started looking forward to this by setting up a clock that shows what time it is here and what time it is in Dublin on my cell phone so that I can say "Hey, if I were in Dublin right now, it'd be evening..." (I'm a dork, yes, this is true). But, you should know that I'm also very inpatient, and I could SO go for a vacation now. Stat.

One of the traditions T and I have talked about with starting a family of our own is that we want to establish the tradition of having a little vacation somewhere every year just us (well, us plus kiddo(s) when we procreate) but you know what I mean. We have one in mind for next year, but we also talk about other places we'd love to visit. One of those places is New York City. We've also mentioned heading to the Jersey side as well, while we're there, to check out the beaches there and of course, visit my good friend Buddy from Cake Boss. (And have a cannoli and a lobster tail, of course!)

What I would really love to do is just relax on the beach with T for a few days. We toyed with the idea of going somewhere warm for our honeymoon, but since we've both had our hearts set on Dublin, we didn't toy with that idea for too long. Nevertheless, I think it would be great to just rent a house and relax for a week. Nowhere to go, nothing to do but enjoy each other's company and the beautiful scenery.   It sounds like heaven to me!

I've done a little research on different beach locations, and one I've come across is the Jersey Shore.  Sure, you get the whole "but you might run into Snookie" thing but the place is actually very beautiful.  I did find one place in my browsing that offers great deals on rental properties.  The local office is Diane Turton Realtors, and they have a lot of great houses for sale and for rent for vacation purposes. You can view the different Jersey Shore Homes available to buy or rent by clicking on the hyperlink. Personally, I've spent a little time today just checking out the homes, daydreaming about the possibility of another vacation after our honeymoon. Oh the possibilities...

Where would you go if you could take a short vacation?

9 comments:

  1. Boyfriend and I want to explore Italy-- I've been there several times but he hasn't. In the spring, we are taking his girls to Atlantis!

    Ireland is absolutely amazing and I know you will have a fabulous time there! Don't be afraid to get off the beaten path, the people are fantastic. I became lifelong friends with several people I met there.

    Did my undergrad in NYC. Always fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... How short??
    I guess I'd go to France. Paris or Blois. Just because it's near. {And you said "short vacation"}. Plus I've already been there, so I know some very good places.
    BUT if MJ and I had more money (which is not the case), and more time (say a month, or so), we'd go to the U.S. MJ has already been to Florida. And he had a great time! And I want so badly to be there see so many places (and meet my blogger friends)!!
    Maybe in 2011... MAYBE. All we can do is saving money and wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *to be there AND see so many places

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been dreaming of a little trip to Italy for awhile. We have a friend who will be there next spring, and we so want to visit him and Rome! But back to reality... I'd love to go to Cape Cod (Nantucket) for a quick long weekend right now.

    Love the new site by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude I would so go to Vegas...and stalk Cris Angel...but that's just me!
    *sniff sniff* ahhhh I shiver just thinking about his bedazzled jeans and crusty hair gel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I want to do the same thing! We're actually going to St. George next week for our 1 year anniversary trip! It will be awesome! I am so excited to get a week away from life.

    I'll need to write a few blogs and schedule them to be posted while I'm gone though... Would you like to guest post?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny... I was dreaming of vacation today too!

    I would so love to head off to Thailand right now.

    Although, I certainly wuoldn't shoot down Dublin! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my good friends is in Alaska right now, and so I keep thinking about how awesome it'd be to visit there. Though that wouldn't be short. And I'm still envious of you and your upcoming Dublin trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know Buddy from Cake Boss??! How cool is that!!

    I'd go on a caribbean cruise vacation! In my opinion that's the ONLY way to travel!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!