Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baby steps, people...

My friends, I'm branching out.  I've thought about and thought about it, and I've made the decision.  I made a Facebook page for my blog.  Dramatic much?  Yes, quite possibly.  But, see, this was a big decision for me.  Yes, I have a personal facebook page that I use, and I've tossed around the idea a few times of "should I create one for my blog?  Would people even like it?  What's the point? Why am I talking to myself?"  (Sorry, I have these conversations in my head...it becomes quite heated up there, trust me...)
 
So, following my new site debut, thanks to Seven Thirty Three Custom Blog Designs, (which I absolutely love) I've decided to create a Facebook page.  I thought I would create a Twitter account, too, but honestly that is just way too much technology for me at the moment.  Considering how long it took me to figure out how to create a Facebook page, God knows how long it'll take me to figure out Twitter.  (Plus, there's the anger and frustration to consider...poor T got to hear me bitch and moan through the whole Facebook process.  I'm sure he's looking forward to the frustration and cursing that will inevitably come from starting Twitter.)  I first created a whole separate facebook account, but then I figured out that I didn't even need to do that but rather could just create a page through my own personal account.  So I deleted the first account I created and created this page.  This took me a few hours to figure out, of course, but I got there, and that's all that counts. 
 
So a few exasperated hours later, I had a page.  The trick was then putting the icon ON said page.  I somehow managed to figure that out, so if you look to the right of your computer screen you will see my fun new icon.  (Exciting, isn't it?)  And, if you should feel so inclined, you should "like" my page (Thanks, Chloe and MJ!), or whatever that means.  All I know is the more people who "like" my page, the better I will feel about myself as a person and the easier I will be able to sleep at night.  So, my self esteem and self worth rest in your hands.  Don't feel pressured, but I might cry myself to sleep tonight over it.  (I feel the tears currently welling in my eyes...) 
 
Anyway, I'm actually pretty proud of myself for taking this next step.  That, and I'm still marveling over the new page.  Every time I open up my blog, I have to remind myself that this is my blog I'm looking at and not someone else's.  It's all very cool, and I'm still extremely happy with the work that was done.  (Thanks, Kim!) 
 
Aside from my new Internet conquest, the day has been quite productive.  T and I took the day off to get our marriage license, meet with our DJ, pay the church and do all sorts of wedding stuff.  It's getting closer and closer, people!  We're official now, too, with our marriage license application in hand.  (I should note that part of it does have white-out on it after T wrote the wrong thing in the blank for the place of his birth, but I won't...oh wait, I just did...)  Nevertheless, it feels really great to get more things checked off of our list. 
 
That, and tomorrow is Friday, so it doesn't get better than that!
 

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the new look, Nain! It suits you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added your button to my blog! It's so cute :-)

    Good work on figuring out the facebook thing! I haven't even attempted that yet. It would give me a headache.

    I'll go and like you on facebook! I'd hate to make you cry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilove the new layout it is too cute.. and I will like you on FB

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG THAT IS A FREAKING AWESOME IDEA!! I WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF IT FIRST... :'( *JEALOUS!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! You are so excited in your new ventures (even if they are a BIT aggrevating). I'm happy I was able to be a part of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new blog design. Can't wait til I can do the same thing, but like you said, "babysteps."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised MJ "liked" View from Down Here. Because I didn't know he was reading the same blogs I AM reading!
    I was excited to see MJ as a follower of your FB page. :) So cool!
    On a side note, next week MJ and I are paying the church too and giving our priest all the documents needed to get married, and the following week I've my wedding dress trial!
    Hmmm... I think I'll post a wedding update next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added your button to my blog roll! Off to find your FB page :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously love the new look! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll definitely be "liking" you!! I'm on twitter more than facebook though!

    Your blog design makes me happy everytime I see it! SO fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile so leave a comment if you're stopping by!